If you’ve been working remotely up to now and are facing returning to the office permanently, you’ll want to know how to go back to the office safely.
While it can be a daunting prospect, simply going through our checklist will help you plan for going back to work safely after Covid.
Planning will give you the peace of mind you need before your return so you can get back into a healthy new routine while you work.
Wear your mask
You’ll need to check face mask rules for your area and type of workplace to know whether you should continue to wear a mask in the office.
But even if you don’t have to wear one, it can give you the reassurance you need to get back to the office after coronavirus confidently.
Choose from disposable or reusable masks – whichever you feel most comfortable wearing. If you opt for disposable masks, make sure that you change them frequently. And reusable masks will need to be washed on a daily basis.
Keep practising good hand hygiene
By now, you should know the value of washing your hands frequently. This means cleaning them as a minimum:
- After using the bathroom
- Before and after eating food
- Before preparing food if you are in catering
- After coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose
- If you work in healthcare, you will also know the importance of washing your hands before and after treating patients
Good handwashing technique includes:
- Wetting your hands with water
- Applying soap and working it into a lather
- Scrubbing in between your fingers and under your nails
- Rinsing with fresh water
And remember that the whole routine should take at least 20 seconds.
You can also keep a hand sanitiser dispenser on your desk to sanitise your hands in between washing.
Prime your immune system
There are lots of things you can do to boost your immune system. This will help protect you from the infections that you will be exposed to now that you are back in contact with more people.
Here’s what you can do:
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables high in vitamin C. Try kiwi fruit, oranges, strawberries, guava, tomatoes, red capsicums and broccoli.
- Take regular exercise to stimulate antibodies and white blood cells and strengthen your immune system.
- Get enough sleep – eight hours is the recommended sleep time for adults.
- Take dietary supplements – for example, B12 supplements to keep your nerve and blood cells healthy and probiotics to support and maintain immune function.
Keep your workplace clean
Keeping your workplace clean is essential to avoiding infection. Follow this simple routine to keep your desk and workspace sparkling clean and germ-free:
- Make sure any rubbish like empty food packets goes straight into the bin and doesn’t linger on your desk.
- Avoid eating at your desk if you can.
- Keep power cables tidy and untangled so it’s easier to clean around the area.
- Don’t clutter your desk – keep personal possessions to a minimum.
- Use alcohol wipes to clean your desk and workspace. The alcohol content is important, as it will break down and kill germs.
- Don’t forget your keyboard, phone and door and drawer handles, too.
- Keep shared areas clean and tidy.
Let the fresh air in
If you’re able to, keep a window open in your office to allow fresh air to circulate. It will reduce the risk of infection by bacteria and viruses.
It’s also a great idea to take a walk outside when you’re on your lunch break. As well as giving you the chance to breathe in fresh air, the exercise will help boost your immune system and fitness levels.
Invest in an office pack as part of your return to work
One easy way to hit many of the goals we mentioned above is to invest in a FeverMates office pack.
This pack full of useful items includes:
- Hand sanitiser
- B12 supplements
- Alcohol wipes
- Hand distancer
- Wristbands with reminders to wash hands and keep a safe distance
The pack will help you keep your office workspace clean and promote your personal wellbeing with everything you need to hand.
Let FeverMates help you every step of the way
Going back to work doesn’t have to be a worrying time. As long as you are organised and observe simple hygiene rules, it’ll be a breeze!
Let FeverMates help you every step of the way. Browse our complete collection of health and safety products and fill your basket before your return to work.
Going back prepared will be the best defence you need against infection, so stay safe and choose FeverMates!