The outbreak of COVID-19 has made installing effective hygiene practices and measures turn into an essential part of day to day life. In recent news, researchers have found that mobile phone devices carry a tremendous amount of germs, and individuals should get into the habit of washing and cleaning them just like hands to avoid the spread of COVID-19.
How phone hygiene and COVID-19 interlink
Recent studies have reported that the novel coronavirus may be able to survive on some surfaces for up to nine days or even longer. Such surfaces include your mobile phone screen and case. This means that the bacteria and mico-organisms hosting onto phone screens and cases, can lead to live viruses once contacted onto human skin. In turn, potentially putting yourself at risk of catching COVID-19. This is why it is important to disinfect and clean your mobile devices regularly.
How to clean your mobile phone screen
- Unplug all power sources, devices, and cables.
- Keep liquids away from your device.
- Use only a soft, lint-free cloth when wiping the cleaning product onto screen.
- Remove phone case when cleaning to allow for all areas to be cleaned effectively.
- Purchase reliable and effective cleaning products such as Australian made Fevermates hand sanitiser spray
- Avoid using household chemicals like bleach, aerosol sprays and abrasive cleaners.
- Avoid excessive wiping.
- Don’t allow moisture to get into any openings.
- Avoid making your own hand sanitiser sprays and other cleaning products from home as doing such lacks quality control.
How often should you clean your phone screen?
One should clean their phone screen and case wherever their device is being exposed to a potentially contaminated surface. So this could mean whenever you leave the house and take your phone out with you. For example, resting your phone on a supermarket shelf as you reach to get a product, or leaving your phone on a park bench as your exercise. Hence, there are countless scenarios in which your phone devices can be potentially exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19. Therefore it is best to clean as regularly as leaving the house with your phone.
How our hand sanitiser spray can help keep your mobile phone safe
It is important to remember that if you do leave the house with your phone to make sure to disinfect and clean your phone screen properly. Fevermates Australian made hand sanitiser spray is great for cleaning computer and phone screens, as well as hard surfaces. The gentle nourishing fast-drying formula of our hand sanitiser spray kills germs fast!
Our hand sanitiser comes in either a hand sanitiser spray or hand sanitiser gel. Our Australian made hand sanitiser has supported our staff throughout this pandemic and through this time we have realised its importance in our every day lives.
Get in touch with us to learn more about our hygiene products and how they can help you keep you safe during the coronavirus outbreak.