Living and working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic requires a physical shift to all aspects of daily life. When cooped up inside all day at home it is important to remain on top of your physical health and not neglect the needs of your body. Not only will bettering your physical health improve your mood and motivation levels, but it will also positively impact your mental health. Read on to find out FeverMates 5 top tips to maintain your physical health during the COVID-19 pandemic.
1. Set and plan a daily routine
Start each morning by writing down a list or setting a plan for what you would like to achieve by the end of the day. Setting clear objectives and goals not only increases your motivation to get tasks completed, but it can also reduce anxiety and stress associated with the uncertainty of COVID-19. Supplements and vitamins also help to manage stress levels and maintain calm. MgOptima Relax is scientifically formulated with specific ingredients to promote relaxation and support healthy sleeping in addition to improving concentration and focus. Remember to make sure your plans are realistic and don't overwhelm yourself with excessive tasks. Prioritise what is most important and work your way down from there.
2. Maintain a healthy and nutritious diet
When stuck in the house it is easy to lose track of a sustainable and nutritious diet. You may find yourself overeating and snacking more. It's a good idea to plan meals in advance for you and your family and try and be creative using simple yet nutritious ingredients.
3. Keep your home clean
Ensure you keep a clean and tidy living space. This is essential for your physical and mental health during COVID-19. Maintaining good hygiene measures and daily cleaning practices are important habits to develop and our top tips include:
- Wipe down and disinfect surfaces: Ensure traffic areas, as well as high-touch surfaces in your house such as door handles, computer screens and mobile phones, are regularly cleaned. To do so, FeverMates hand sanitiser spray kills 99.99% of germs that can be found on such high traffic areas.
- Clean your everyday items: Computer screens, spectacles, laptops, mobile phones, kids lunch boxes and school bags are amongst high use items to clean.
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home: Using soap and water clean your hands as soon as you enter the door from a trip outside.
- Keep hand sanitiser in your bag or car if you do leave the house: FeverMates Australian-made hand sanitiser spray and hand sanitiser gel consist of a gentle nourishing fast-drying formula that leaves hands feeling moisturised and kills germs fast. Additionally, FeverMates 60ml hand sanitiser gel is the perfect size to carry on the go.
4. Exercise regularly not perfectly
Start each day with the mindset that moving your body is essential! Whether it be a stroll around your local neighbourhood or a body workout on your bedroom floor, any form of physical activity is better than nothing. There are also heaps of online exercise classes available to get you inspired. Meditating and practising yoga is a great way to unwind the body and mind and can be done easily at home or outside in your backyard. However, remember that if you do leave the house to exercise make sure you either wash your hands or apply hand sanitiser when you get back. Make sure to apply hand sanitiser correctly for effective results.
5. Soak up some sunshine
Whilst social distancing restrictions and regulations are changing daily and vary from state to state, it is a good idea to take time out of your day to soak up some sunshine. Whether taking a stroll through your neighbourhood or even just sitting outside in your backyard, getting a daily dose of Vitamin D has many proven health benefits. These include:
- Mood booster
- Reduces depression
- Boosts weight loss
- Fights diseases and strengthens the immune system
Of course, when leaving the house to go outside it is important to wear sunscreen to protect yourself from harmful exposure to UV radiation. Alternatively, taking supplements such as Vitamin D3 is another effective way to receive Vitamin D benefits for optimal immune function. Remember to bring hand sanitiser with you as you never know what germs and bacteria you can encounter.
Maintaining positive physical habits during the COVID-19 pandemic is very important. Read more FeverMates living advice and tips for dealing with COVID-19 on our blog. Also, check out our 5 tips on maintaining mental health during COVID-19.
For more information about our line of products, please visit our website.